Work started on a new map upload section: The King’s Topographical Collection: British Library under our Gibraltar Maps and Plans page.
Two new reports and attached plans of the fortifications of Gibraltar now added under The King’s Topographical Collection: British Library section:
An Account of the new Works made by Lord Tyrawly at Gibraltar, with a Description of the Mines, 1756, by James O’Hara.
Considerations and Report of the Present State of the Fortificatons of Gibraltar, 1778, by W. Green.
All Maps & Plans from 1700-1800's under The King’s Topographical Collection: British Library section now uploaded, consisting of 75 documents, maps and prints in total.
New Blog added: Restoration of the Montagu Sea Bathing Pavilion Plaque
New historical building added: 18th Century Barrack Complexes (South Barracks) https://www.ministryforheritage.gi/heritage-and-antiquities/18th-century-barrack-complexes-1084
New historical building added: Central Hall, including Refectory https://www.ministryforheritage.gi/heritage-and-antiquities/central-hall-including-refectory-1083
New Blog added: Restoration of the Town Range Bakery Ovens
Five new anchor entries added to Admiralty Anchors and Capstans Environmental Record
The new listing will now include the anchors currently in storage at Hay's Level and Parson's Lodge.
New Blog added: Moving the 9.2-inch gun pieces from Metalrok scrapyard